About Me

My photo
I have lived in La Grange Park for 30+ years in the same house. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. Raised my kids here, a great place to be.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

barber shop

My husband goes to an old-time barber shop - Countryside Barber Shop on Brainard and 55th - complete with the striped pole and where he doesn't get his hair washed by a shampoo person. He likes it that way. The other day when he went in for a haircut, the phone rang. His barber answered the phone.

"Barber shop."

"Uh, huh - yup, that's okay if he's old. We take oldsters."

"Uh, huh - yeah, sometimes they're cranky. That's okay too."

"A MUZZLE?!!?? - Here, Joe, take this call."

Joe, another barber, took the call and hung up laughing.

The woman had called 411 and asked for the Barker Shop, a dog grooming shop on 55th in La Grange, close to the Countryside BARBER Shop. She was calling about her elderly, not too friendly dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment