About Me

My photo
I have lived in La Grange Park for 30+ years in the same house. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. Raised my kids here, a great place to be.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

walking in the winter


This morning while I was out walking Mitch, my dog, I noticed that there were some yak trax tracks. Since we had our first snowfall of the year this past week, and it was frigid, there is still a lot of snow and ice on the sidewalks.

Yak Trax are the best! They are unique traction devices that strap onto the bottom of your shoe. When I discovered them a couple of years ago, we had a very icy winter. Mitch weighs 75 pounds and nearly pulls my arm out of the socket each time he sees a squirrel, so I needed to be stable on ice while walking him. After that winter, I have a pair of winter walking sneaks with Trax that are specially for walking on ice and snow.

I bought mine at the Competitive Foot in Western Springs. They are $29.95 for the Yaktrax Pro - a heavy duty version of the original Yaktrax. Yes, they are available on line and for less money, but when we spend our dollars here in the community, they stay in the community. The owners of the Competitive Foot are neighbors of mine in La Grange Park.

1 comment: