About Me

My photo
I have lived in La Grange Park for 30+ years in the same house. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. Raised my kids here, a great place to be.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ice skating

As I was driving down the Woodlawn Lane or whatever we call it - the little passway next to Panera on the way to the Jewel, I was getting nostalgic about ice skating - as kids, we would go down to the park with our skates on (with the skate guards so we could walk on the sidewalks, all bundled up for an afternoon of skating in the ice cold air. I loved ice skating. I grew up watching the Ice Capades.

Just as I was thinking how nice a neighborhood rink would be, there right in front of me was an ice rink - ! The Community Park District of La Grange Park has opened a rink at Memorial Park. The rink is 115' x 65'. A prerequisite for the rink opening is three days of below freezing weather conditions. (yup, we met that this year!)

A green 'flag' at the site will indicate that the rink is open and a red 'flag' will indicate that it is closed. For schedule and rules information go to www.cpdlgp.org (new website) or phone the Park District at 708-354-4580. The Park District after-hours hot line message will also report skating conditions. That number is 708-354-4580 x 300.

Sharpen those skate blades and take a whirl around the Memorial Park Rink - just for old time's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment