About Me

My photo
I have lived in La Grange Park for 30+ years in the same house. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. Raised my kids here, a great place to be.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall is in the air

I opened the windows last night to let that wonderful Canadian air breeze into the bedroom. 

My brother tells me that I am the only person he knows that actually likes cold weather - I know this can't be true, there are many of us who prefer to be able to put another piece of clothing on to get warm, rather than shedding everything we have on to the barest minimum and still be hot.

My cute summer jackets and my soft, comfy sweatshirts never  made it off their hangers this summer.  My husband continually says to me, "You are a bit clammy."  NO KIDDING.  I feel like I have been in a seaweed wrap in a sauna all summer  - I even googled 'excessive sweating' because I thought I had contracted a new, rare sweating disease.  I don't need a weather page to tell me that the temperature in the 80's matches the temperature humidity index - my pores give me away.

But this morning.....my ring was slipping around on my finger, unlike the past couple of months when my fingers felt like sausages; I felt like I could breathe - everyone seems to be in a better mood. Great sleeping weather.    I did put on one of my (lightweight) hoodies and it was perfect. 

Snow will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment