About Me

My photo
I have lived in La Grange Park for 30+ years in the same house. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. Raised my kids here, a great place to be.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy New Year

A calm has transcended upon the neighborhood.  There is a lot of commotion around 8:00 in the morning, then it is dead quiet.  The start of the school year, the start of the new year for me.

As long as I can remember, my year has started with September.  It is time to return to structure, to schedules.  The days are getting shorter, the light looks just a bit different during the day and the moon is so bright in the early evening sky.  Sitting on the porch in the evening now is so different than in June when the anticipation of the summer awaits....now it is time to re-group, evaluate, get out the 'cold weather' recipes - time for change.  Time to reflect, letting the calm wash over me.

Living in the Midwest gives me an appreciation of the weather.  This summer has been hell-ish to say the least.  I know, I know - wait till January.  But me, I love the cold - and I love the autumn with the crunchy, crisp days and the spring with the pastel colors popping out.

Welcome, autumn - maybe the Bears will provide some real entertainment this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment